Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012....


Easter was fabulous! I loved every single second of it! Totally made up for Christmas being a bit of a bummer. We got to have my parents come stay with us for the weekend - going to kids soccer games, driving around looking at houses (can't wait for them to move here!!!), family time! It was the BEST!

The night before Easter, we tucked the kiddo's in bed and decided to start a new Easter tradition. A few of my friends tie string, for each child, through the house. When the kids get up in the morning, they follow the string in search of their Easter basket. Brett and I had the best time turning our home into one huge spider web. We strung string through chandeliers, outside in the yard, in the garage, around lamps, around toilet seats, through my studio, around the piano. It was awesome! As we stood there admiring our work, Brett realized, "Now we have to turn all of the lights off!" Ah ha ha ha! We re-enacted a little "Entrapment" (ever seen the movie?) and almost laughed til we cried. Good times!

Easter morning was fun! Trying to get breakfast started....our traditional Easter morning breakfast - CREPES! Yum!
Photobucket
The kids woke up and started their search....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bryson found his in the washing machine....after following his string all around the backyard and the garage...
Photobucket

Photobucket
After finding the baskets and eating a delicious breakfast, we got all dressed up in our Sunday best to head to church. We had to be there 30 minutes early since we were all participating in the music - I'm choir director, Brett and Jarom were singing in the adult choir, and Bryson, Savannah, and Grant were singing in the children's choir. So fun to have my mom and dad with us!
Photobucket
Our family! Yay! I got to be in a picture!
Photobucket
And then I got a picture with this handsome man. Aren't we cute, all matchy matchy? Love that he'll wear whatever tie I pick out for him, even if it's girly colors...
Photobucket
The choir musical number was AMAZING! Goosebumps and tears amazing! After church, we headed over to Brett's cousins for a baby blessing. Baby Vivian. Is she perfect or what?
Photobucket

Photobucket
Then it was time for egg wars and some Easter dinner baking....
Photobucket
Nan pretty proud that her egg won!
Photobucket

Photobucket
This time....a victory dance! Love her!
Photobucket
I seriously loved watching Grant participate in the egg wars. He'd squeeze his eyes so tight!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jarom was getting pretty cocky about his egg that won a few times!
Photobucket
This may be my new favorite picture. Look at that happy little Grantyman!
Photobucket
Then my two sisters that live here in AZ came over with their hubbies and little munchkins for Easter dinner and an egg hunt. The weather was perfect, the kids were happy, the food was delicious, the flowers were beautiful....it was the best!
Photobucket
Girl cousins gotta stick together amongst all these boys!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Then Savannah was being a goof, trying to get her cousin to laugh, all while trying to NOT let me get a picture of it! Ha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Max was a little bit bugged that he was all caged up for the festivities...
Photobucket
Let the Easter egg hunt begin! We let the babies go first....
Photobucket

Photobucket
The bigger kids were a little antsy....
Photobucket
K, GO!!!
Photobucket
Nan tried to be sneaky using TWO baskets. Silly monkey!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Easter!!!

13 comments:

alicia king 3:40 PM  

what a fun way to have them find easter baskets! love your photos, and you are gorgeous!

Tamee 3:53 PM  

Holly, I want you to know that you and your family have to fill in for me and my family at my family events. I so wish we could have been there for the blessing and fun. But I'm so glad you took pictures of the dress Grandma made for Vivvy.
I love the pictures of your beautiful family. You look gorgeous! I feel the same about Easter. On Bunny Day the Saturday before Easter We do "The Brown House Easter Egg Roll" (It's our 4th Annual) because our Sunday's are a little crazy. But we always have a scavenger hunt for the baskets. We gotta make those kids work for the candy.
Give my cousin a hug! He likes em!

Sheri 5:28 PM  

Your pics are beautiful and I LOVE your hair and your Easter Outfit. Beautiful family. Be blessed.

Kristal 8:43 PM  

Uh, YES, that baby Vivian IS PERFECT! You're amazing!!! THANK YOU!!!! I love the new string tradition. Hopefully we'll be in a house instead of a dungeon next Easter so we can give it a try.

K Bailey 5:25 PM  

What is an "egg war?"

janellemc 5:52 PM  

Beautiful family. Fun Easter traditions...thanks for sharing. Can you tell me where you got your drapes in your kitchen and dining area? Love them!

Natalie 9:01 PM  

Holly, could you pretty please spare a second and let us all know where you got the cute chalkboard picutre frame? I have looked at orange blossom, fanciful frames, cut it out, and alli Kelli and still can' t find that style. I would really really really really appreciate it. Yes I know that' s 4 "really's"..

Holly 1:47 PM  

What is an egg war? We have "egg wars" with the hardboiled easter eggs that we've dyed. We choose whatever egg we think might be the strongest. Count down: 3, 2, 1...bang. You smash the eggs together. One wins, one gets crunched. We peel the crunched ones to make deviled eggs out of and the winner goes on to the next round. Pretty fun!

Where did you get the drapes in your kitchen and dining area? I made them...the drapes and the roman shades.

Where is the chalkboard frame from? It is from Fanciful Frames. Just ask Haleigh (from Fanciful Frames) which one I have...because I totally cannot remember. But I LOVE it and use it at all of our parties!!!

janellemc 4:13 PM  

You made them...they are beautiful. Where do you like to buy your fabric? Do you remember the name of the fabric you used? Did you teach yourself to sew or take classes? You are full of talent!

Natalie 7:41 PM  

Holly, thanks thanks thanks. I know your a busy mom, so really thank you for responding.

Holly 10:51 AM  

I love to look for fabric at Home Fabrics. There is one fairly close to my house and they have very reasonably priced material. All of the material used in the dining area/kitchen is from there. The roman shade material was on clearance for $3/yard...and I totally love it! It's normally all closeout material. But sometimes you get lucky!

Tasha 9:40 PM  

Hello gorgeous! You look amazing. You're just glowing and lovely. I'm envious!

lovethislife 10:32 AM  

Where do you shop for all your cute clothes? You always look so cute and classy.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP